Thursday, May 14, 2009

ENGAGED!

Technically, Nathan and I were engaged on April 17th - so it's been a long time coming for this little blog to come to the internet world. To be completely honest, I knew that the proposal was coming, so Nathan claims he had to keep the only element of surprise left. So that morning he came and woke me up and made me breakfast - eggs and toast to be exact. I woke up for a little moment and saw Nathan standing in my doorway with a plate full of breakfast. He made his way through my World War III of a bedroom and said "good morning," and then he got down on his knee, said some romantic things and asked me - all while I was still trying to wake up and make sense of why Nathan was at my house so early in the morning.


That's the ring! I love it! And the best part is that he picked it out all by himself. Now, I have to tell you about the behind-the-scenes of the proposal. The night before Nathan had went to the apartment where I live with my mother and got the key to get in early the next morning. That's not all - he purposely kept me up late the night before so that I wouldn't wake up while he was cooking the breakfast. Needless to say, it worked.

Also, Nathan and I got our pictures taken by his mother - and they turned out really great. Here are some of my favorites...




We are getting married on June 25th, in the Portland, OR temple - and we are SOOO excited. And now that we have a blog you can all stalk our married lives together. Haha.































2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you, Ash! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah ashley!! congrats! i'm so happy for you! and i will gladly take part in the whole stalking your blog thing for you!!! ;) hope everything goes well!!

    ReplyDelete