Saturday, August 29, 2009

So Long Sweet Summer

Nathan and I just started school this last Monday, meaning our summer is officially over, hence the title of this post. We have quite a work load ahead of us this semester, but it will be fun. We are at a new school and new town, so technically we have no friends...but we have a really great ward and we are also in an institute class, which is also awesome! Here are some pictures showing you all some of our summer adventures...

We painted our bedroom "vintage yellow." Being that I'm still obsessed with my wedding colors, I decided to go with the yellow, and it looks fabulous, if I do say so myself. I spilled a lot paint on the floor, lucky for me it was on the drop cloth.


Nathan also turned 22 this summer, what an old man...I made his birthday cake, we each had one piece - and for some reason we didn't eat anymore. That is discipline. I also forgot to buy candles for the cake, so we just used the only candle that we have. He was pretty excited.

And finally the most entertaining thing yet. We have had countless problems with our sink in the two short months we have been married. In one event we thought it would be a good idea to put the rest of unused not fully cooked pinto beans down the garbage disposal. To our dismay it would not grind up the beans, and so we had to fish them out. After some Drano and a little labor it finally started to drain. To top it all off, a few weeks later the drain stopped working all together. Nathan "googled" it, and next thing I know he has a shovel in the sink. All we had to do was move the blade around, apparently it was just stuck - oh, the things that the internet tells you to do.

1 comment:

  1. CAn you please come visit... and tell Nathan to get the shovel out of the sink!

    ReplyDelete