Not glasses, but the ability to see without them! He got LASIK surgery on the 21st - let me just explain to you the miracle that took place. Nathan before surgery could not read the big "E" on the eye chart, I would say that he was blind, with a prescription of 20/500ish. After surgery his vision...dun dun dun 20/20! Just like that, after five minutes, trees have leaves on them and clocks really do have a second hand that moves. He got it as a gift from his parents for Christmas, and we both are truly blessed because of it.Secondly to mention, as the new year rolled around we both started school again and unfortunately have completely opposite schedules, but so far so good. Just this last week, was Valentine's Day (duh, ashley), and I must say that Nathan did really well. I was a little concerned when he asked where my scrapbook paper cutter and glue were in the house - let's be honest, Nathan and anything crafty usually doesn't equate to anything worth mentioning. But, he pulled out all of the stops...I got home from church and there was a red rose in a vase with a note attached that said "you have found the first prize, there are others throughout the house that are either new or misplaced, each prize equals one 'reward." I found all of these prizes around the house, sort of a scavenger hunt if you will, and once that was finished Nathan laid down note cards on the floor, and I had to choose 13 of them (that's how many prizes I found). On the opposite side of the card were things that read "dinner of your choice," "foot rub anytime," and "servant for the day," just to name a few. It was terribly romantic...mostly because Nathan never really does romantic things like that. I was really surprised and I love it so much. We also made a fabulous dinner together, well, I guess it was more of a breakfast for dinner day.
No comments:
Post a Comment