Friday, November 30, 2012

Quinn - 5 months old!

Time really does go by quickly with a little one, and it has been exciting looking forward to each day with Quinn to see what she will do next. She still remains tiny, I'm guessing a little over 12 pounds, but she definitely has some attitude to spare.

We recently went home for thanksgiving, and she got to visit Grandpa & Grandma Leavitt, and Grandma Tanya and Auntie Em (Ember). The Leavitts called her a "sober" baby, and I would have to agree. She babbles every so often when it's quiet enough that she knows she will be heard, but for the most part, she is just soaking everything in. She is constantly staring around at everyone and it seems like she is trying to observe every detail in a matter of minutes. It's very entertaining to watch a baby attempt to be so serious all the time. Grandpa Leavitt says that Quinn reminds her of Jacob, Nathan's little brother, and that he was always staring at people and hardly made a peep.

Don't get me wrong, she is a talker, but usually only within the walls of our home when it's quite and there isn't a whole lot going on. She loves to grab her feet and the day she turned five months old, everything clicked for her and she just started rolling all over the place, it was really crazy. That same day she decided that she wanted to hold her own bottle too. Granted, it wasn't for a whole feeding, but nonetheless, she decided that was what she wanted to do. I can see a trend of independence coming along.

One other silly thing about Quinn is that after so long, she is done with you holding her. In church, it's the worst! She will not let you rock her to sleep, she would just prefer that you lay her down, give her a binkie and her little bunny, and she will do it by herself. It's pretty funny how instantly she goes to sleep once you stop holding her. It's a little sad that she hates being cuddled now, but at least she is going to sleep on her own! I will say that she will cuddle for the first five minutes that I take her out of her crib, so I get my {brief} snuggles in then.

She still loves to stand and freaks out when you try to sit her down. The Leavitts had a hard time believing this to be true, and decided to test it out. She cried. Grandma Leavitt was pretty surprised and was in shock that she would just prefer to stand for a good 45 minutes rather than sit. I'm telling you independent...

1 comment:

  1. Ashley! Your baby girl is adorable! And I love the name Quinn! I hope all is going well. I miss you and still think of Ecuador daily! Love you!

    ReplyDelete