Went spent Thanksgiving with the Leavitts this year and got to enjoy being around the family. Our nephews, Grant and Collin, celebrated their fifth birthdays while we were there. FIVE! Holy cow, that is just crazy to me. They are the oldest of the grandkids, and Quinn certainly enjoyed staring at them, once she figured out they were the ones causing all the noise she had been so frightened from in the beginning of our visit.
Quinn also got to meet her Great Grandma Chloe for the first time, granted it was in the hospital, which was unfortunate, but we were excited that she got to finally meet her. I asked Grandma who she thought she looked like the most, and she boldly said, "she looks like her!" I thought that was pretty funny, but I suppose she has a point.
We also met up with my sister Ember in Moscow, and ate some of the yummiest Mexican food I have ever eaten. Ember was a baby hog, and just held Quinn the whole time, but let's be honest I kind of expected that. We made an attempt to tell the waitress that it was my mom's birthday, because it really was just a few days before that...but our waitress got switched and their was never another sneaky moment to try again. We just wanted to see mom in sombrero...is that so much to ask for?
Oh, and one last thing, we got to put up our Christmas tree before we left to go home, because I knew that I wouldn't want to do it when we got back. I love it! Every year we have a tradition where we go and pick out a new ornament from Hallmark, and the rule is that it has to make some sort of noise. We have a couple of very entertaining ornaments, and it makes every year so much fun testing out all of the ornaments at the store - but I'm sure that makes us some very annoying customers. This year, Grandma Tanya sent Quinn one for her "baby's first Christmas" and I think it's super cute.


No comments:
Post a Comment